moon phases
 

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Thank You For Your Sacrifice!

I went to airport the other day to meet a forever friend who had a layover in Atlanta. We have not seen or spoken to each other since I have moved to Atlanta five years ago. Out of the blue I get a phone call from my friend asking if we could meet at the airport during her two hour layover. Excitedly, I responded without hesitation, YES!

As I waited for my friend to arrive from the Delta Gate, there was a podium decorated in a way to welcome back the soldiers from Iraq. Each time a soldier exited the escalator, you could feel 100's of people anxiously waiting for their loved ones, as a huge swell of grateful, supportive applause filled the air in the hall for our soldiers coming home.....ALIVE!!!! The soldier's loved ones would run in joy to engage in a seemingly forever loving embrace. Tears of joy streamed down from the eyes of everyone. Sniffles and sounds of "aww" whisperd throughout the hallway filled with families and supporters. Smiles of joy and gratefulness instantly grew upon the faces of the waiting, along with the couples and families reunited.


The official welcome home committee of seniors were wearing aprons. You could see minature brown teddy bears popping out of their apron pockets. The Seniors would shake the soldiers' hand, exchange words of support, love, and appreciation for their sacrifice while handing them a small token of gratefulness in the form of an USA Teddy Bear. The Responses heard from soldiers receiving the teddy bear, were words of geniune heartfelt emotion, again, evoking tears of joy and appreciation streaming from the eyes of 100's of onlookers.

Whether right or wrong for our troops occupying Iraq, We must support and show our appreciation for our men and women who sacrifice their lives so that we can have the opportunity to live and experience the freedom and comforts of America the Beautiful!

I am forever grateful and thankful for ALL the men and women who serve and protect me and our country. May the Lord continue to Bless each and everyone of our brave warriors for peace and freedom!


1 Comments:

At Sun Oct 10, 09:45:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Chris Winn said...

I remember when my brother came home from Desert Storm; it was one of the greatest days of my life. Salud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<
 Search:   for