moon phases
 

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Thoughts About True Friendship

  • If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are your waiting?-- Stephen Levine.
  • All the treasure in the world is worthless, unless you have someone to share it with.-- Unknown.
  • An honest answer is the sign of true friendship.-- Proverbs, 24:26.
  • Don't wait for people to be friendly, show them how.-- Unknown.
  • United we stand, divided we fall.-- Aesop.
  • Every good friend was once a stranger.-- Unknown.
  • To keep a lamp burning we have to keep putting oil in it.-- Mother Teresa.
  • A part of you has grown in me,together forever we shall be.Never apart,maybe in distance but never in heart.-- Unknown.
  • A good friend sees your first tear, catches the second and stops the third.-- Unknown.
  • Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say.-- Unknown.
  • Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.-- Ed Cunningham.
  • The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you ever had.-- Unknown.
  • Often, the only way to comfort the suffering is to understand that you can't understand and just be there.-- Unknown.
  • Love is not finding a perfect person, it is seeing an imperfect person perfectly.-- Unknown.
  • What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.-- Pericles.
  • Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.Just walk beside me and be my friend forever.-- George Fox.
  • Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be.-- Robert Browning.
  • A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever.-- Unknown.
  • True friendship is like a star. You don't see its light in the brightness of prosperity but in the darkness of adversity.-- Unknown.
  • When a friend is in trouble, dont annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.-- E. W. Howe.
  • He who gives when he is asked has waited too long.-- Unknown.
  • A friend is someone who won't stop looking for you until they find you and bring you home.-- Unknown.
  • No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.-- Alice Walker.
  • A true friend is someone you can disagree with and still remain friends. For if not, they weren't true friends in the first place.-- Sandy Ratliff.
  • I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.-- Robert Brault.
  • Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.-- Unknown.
  • A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil -- but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small silly presents every so often -- just to save it from drying out completely.-- Pam Brown.

1 Comments:

At Wed Sep 29, 10:34:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I knew I was about to die ...my last phone call would be to my mother. I would ask her to remind God that I prayed to him to take my Soul if I died before I awake. I would tell her I would be at the gate waiting for her to join me and my family that went before me. I would ask her not to miss me;but, remember me the way I was. And I would end by saying only Death can separate us for we will meet again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<
 Search:   for